Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Handmade Kids Clever People Challenge






So back in August I was selected to take part in the Handmade Kids Clever People Challenge, and I received a bag of goodies to do with whatever I pleased. I got a remnant of white Minkee, A FQ of Michael Miller's Lively Letters, 3 pieces of ribbon and 2 buttons. I had an idea in my head for a little while and then the night that I started making it I totally changed my mind. So this is what I came up with... It is a Newborn Set comprising a totally cute pair of Ruffle Pants (courtesy of a Bettsy Kingston pattern), a matching singlet and a taggie mini blanket toy. I think it has turned out well and I can't wait to make more of the pants - might be onto a winner there, so expect to see a few more popping up here and there, would be good to have an overlocker though, oh well one day. Of course I had to get my little model to take everything for a test run so that I knew what it all looked like, and I think it looked pretty darn cute! Don't you agree... this girl deserves some ruffle pants of her own!

2 comments:

  1. That set looks fantastic Megs - well done. I know "Bettsy Kingston" and she's sooo lovely. She's got some new patterns coming out soon too. Christine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Perfect use of your set. Those pants are on my list. Little Miss Moi is always after more pants for little miss. And they are just so darn cute! Up here that is really all you need. 'See' you when I get back :P xox

    ReplyDelete